Friday, September 24, 2010

Love at First sight continued...

So anyway where was I?...oh yea,I was helping my friend Richard several months back move a couple rigs he had laying around his place, he wanted them moved to the upper bone yard , in the south 40. I spotted this trailer in the blackberry bushes so I asked Richard about it. He said he gave it to another guy, so i left it at that, it was a old canned ham, what i was looking for, but oh well.
   
I'm a Union Journeyman Electrician ,and things are still pretty slim here in Oregon. They say the recession over a year ago...Pfffssssttt!!!! We still are over 10% unemployment here.I'm thinking I gotta hit the road, and I don't really enjoy life out of a suitcase, so a RV makes a lot of sense.
  





   Fast forward to Aug. 2010,I asked Richard again about a RV, he has a couple class A's , a Winnebago and a 1979 Titan, we talked about the Titan, it's 23' self contained, I romanced it for a while, obsessed really..... it needs gutted, but being in construction for 25 years it didn't scare me.  A couple weeks went by,I asked him about the trailer again, and he told me that the guy he gave the trailer to passed away. Well I asked whats going to happen to the trailer, he said he'll ask the widow. A week later  he said she didn't know much about it, and if he had a use for it, he could have it back. I said  let's go check it out, and that's where we pick up the story....

No comments:

Post a Comment